London police have seized two guns and more than $10,000 worth of cocaine and cash at an Ernest Avenue residence.
RCMP aided the search that turned up a loaded Norinco AK 47-style rifle, a loaded Colt 45 handgun, 93 grams of cocaine ($9,300), $1,080 in cash, more than 50 rounds of ammunition, and pepper spray.
Police have charged 19-year-old Justin Kunz of London with the following offences:
- Possess loaded regulated firearm (x2), contrary to section 95(1);
- Careless storage of firearm/ammunition (x3), contrary to section 86(1);
- Possess prohibited/restricted firearm without a licence (x2), contrary to section 92(1);
- Possess restricted device, contrary to section 92(2);
- Possess prohibited weapon, contrary to section 92(2);
- Fail to comply with conditions of undertaking (x5), contrary to section 145(5.1); and
- Possess firearm/ammunition/weapon while prohibited (x5), contrary to section 117.01(1).
Kunz was also charged with possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking.