Wiarton Willy lied to us! The little rodent said we would have an early spring…. but Meteorologists say we are going to have unusually cool weather up until April.
Willy you’re a liar! How can you stay warm during this long stretch of winter?
How about Groundhog stew!
1 dead goundhog (cleaned with glands removed)
2 large yellow onions, sliced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 cup water
1 cup vinegar
Flour, salt, pepper, cloves
1. Slice groundhog into large chunks.
2. Soak overnight in a solution of 1 cup water with 1 cup vinegar plus with one sliced onion and a sprinkle of salt.
3. Drain, rinse chunks, and wipe dry.
4. Parboil 20 minutes, drain, and cover with fresh boiling water.
5. Add one sliced onion, celery, carrots, a few cloves, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook until tender; thicken gravy with flour.
Six more weeks of winter? Not for you Mr. Groundhog.