One of the suspects in Jeremy Cook killing turns himself in

London, ON, Canada / 106.9 The X

Mohamed Sail. Photo courtesy of London Police

London Police say the second suspect wanted in the killing of Jeremy Cook has turned himself in.

Police say 24-year-old Mohamed Ibrahim Sail did so Friday around 8:00 PM.

He was wanted on a Canada wide arrest warrant on second degree murder since July 6th.

Police also said earlier this week that a third individual who had been seen leaving the area just prior to the shooting has been identified but has not cooperated with police.

It was on June 19 that Police issued an arrest warrant for the first suspect, 23-year-old Muhab Sultanaly Sultan, with second degree murder. He was found dead in Ottawa, Ontario, on Saturday June 27, 2015. His death is subject of an unrelated investigation being conducted by the Ontario Special Investigations Unit.

It was back on June 14th that Jeremy Cook was killed in the Highbury/Huron area.

Police say Cook left his cell phone in a taxi cab. He then electronically tracked it to 1181 Highbury Avenue.

Upon arriving at that address with a relative, at about 5:15 AM, Cook and the relative approached a silver 2004 Mazda 6 four-door sedan that was occupied by three males. A discussion occurred about the phone.

While at this location, a male passenger exited the vehicle and walked away from the area.

Police say the vehicle started to drive away so the victim partially climbed onto and held the driver’s side door. The vehicle drove northbound on Highbury Avenue then turned east.  Shots were then fired.

Jeremy Cook was shot while trying to retrieve his lost cell phone in the Huron/Highbury area on June 14. (Photo courtesy of London Police/Family of Jeremy Cook)

Police responded and found the victim dead behind the plaza located on the southeast corner of Highbury Avenue and Huron Street.

Cook had sustained multiple gunshot wounds.

Within minutes, three males were seen leaving the area in a cab that was stopped by police.  Those males were taken into custody. These males were released from custody Monday Morning after it was determined that they were not involved.

A citizen called police after finding the victim’s cell phone in the area of Wyndham Crescent and Barker Street.

Police say the investigation is still ongoing and are asking anyone with information to contact them or Crime Stoppers.

Comments are closed.