By only 10am, over 20 million interactions of the hashtag have been plastered all over social media from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
Students at Fanshawe College had the opportunity write what mental health means to them, and take a photo to be posted with #BellLetsTalk.
“The importance of this is to end the stigma around mental health.” Says VP of education and external affairs Jayme Dodge. “It’s important that students are engaged so that they can learn and understand.”
The campaign has well known spokespeople like Olympian Clara Hughes, Howie Mandel, Micheal Landsburg, and Serena Ryder.
Mental health Stats
- Suicide accounts for 24% of all deaths among 15-24 year olds and 16% among 25-44 year olds
- 1 out of 5 children who need mental health services receives them
- The total number of 12-19 year olds in Canada at risk for developing depression is a 3.2 million
- 20% of Canadians will personally experience a mental illness in their lifetime
- Mental illness affects people of all ages, educational and income levels, and cultures
By Hashtagging Bell Let’s Talk, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or using their snap chat filter, Bell donates 5 cents.
— Bell Let’s Talk (@Bell_LetsTalk) January 26, 2017